The Grief Recovery Outreach to Wholeness Group is a six week program held periodically throughout the year, with daytime and evening groups available. Grief groups provide a unique way to connect with others who are experiencing similar feelings. By nature grieving is done in solitude, but this can also be extremely lonely with the thought that, "no one really understands...". By attending a group a person can realize there are others with similar thoughts and feelings. "I am not alone."
A different topic related to grieving is presented each week including:
1. Introduction to the Grief Process, Your Story...
2. Loneliness vs Being Alone...with Options
3. Tears are Healing/Total Body Health Responses
4. Anger, Guilt, Stress in the Grief Process
5. Grief Management - Setting Realistic Expectations
6. Coping With Reminders, The Holidays, Anniversaries & How Do I Know I am Getting Better?
Come back to the website for updates on the group time and location.
The groups are facilitated by the Bereavement Care Coordinator, Dana Naumann, MSW
ALL GROUPS ARE AVAILABLE TO THE COMMUNITY AT NO CHARGE. Please call 343-1508 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to register for a G.R.O.W. Group
G.R.O.W. GROUPS - 2018 Winter SCHEDULE
Daytime group January 10, 17, 24, 31 & February 7 & 14 (Wednesdays)
6 session daytime group - 10:30am -11:30am
Kalamazoo Senior Services, Inc.
918 Jasper Street
Kalamazoo, MI 49001
The next GROW groups will be scheduled for April - May 2018; email email@example.com to be added to the mailing list.