We know that every family we serve is unique, and we strive to make each service a personal tribute to the life that has been lived. We provide a wide variety of choices that will help fulfill a family's wishes, from a traditional funeral to a personalized service that celebrates a loved one's hobbies and interests.
The following are ideas that you may use to personalize a service:
- Photos and albums – There are many opportunities to display photos at a funeral service. A projector can be used to display a picture or slideshow of the recently deceased during the procession. Pictures can be included in the program or on keepsakes.
- Display of personal items – Set up a display of personal memorabilia, such as awards, trophies, or favorite pastime items, such as garden tools.
- Memory readings/writings – A classic way to remember the deceased is to ask friends and families to share memories. Attendees can write them down in a collective book or on notecards to be collected. Friends and family can read their memories aloud as a part of the service.
- Music – Live or pre-recorded music provides a moving addition to a service. Some ways to use music in the service include, creating a mix of the deceased’s favorite music, hiring musicians to play live music, playing music the deceased wrote or encouraging musical friends and family members to perform.
- Celebrate heritage - Adhere to special customs particular to different faiths, ethnic groups, and fraternal organizations.
- Clothing worn by the deceased – Display clothing that was significant to the life of the deceased. For example, if the deceased was passionate about their work, their work uniform would complement the service. Another example would be if they were passionate about a sport, a jersey could be on display.
- Motorcycle motorcade – Motorcycle lovers can receive a send-off that celebrates their love of bikes. Motorcycle coaches are made specifically for bikers’ funerals and many funeral homes offer a complete motorcade of bikes.
Our funeral directors are committed to helping you create a special tribute to your loved one that will honor a life well-lived. We encourage you to share your ideas, customs and wishes with us.